Do You LOVE Your Life or are You Just LIVING?

3:06:00 PM


Are you happy with the person you are right now? Is the life you're living, the one you actually desire?
I'm only 26, but I can tell you that I've been asking myself these very questions over the past few years. From what I've already experienced, we will have many transitions in life. I feel it's super imperative every now & then to stop and re-asses your life & the values you hold dear to yourself; re-evaluate where you are compared to where you want to be & so on...
It was that moment when the first ton of life's bricks fell on me about 6 or so years ago, that I found myself 3,000 miles away from home fighting the feeling of depression's darkness looming about. This moment became my first realization of how off basis my life was, compared to what I made myself believe. Even then, I didn't take the steps to bring my demons to the light, let alone change anything. In turn, I continued to get the same results & sometimes even worse one's. Luckily that initial sting of realizing "there's more to my life" opened up a portal that years later I would finally decide to step into.
Now my life is all about 'Simplicity'. I prefer the subtle breaks in silence when i'm reading at the park or the great loving energy I feel when spending time with my family & few friends. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional 'turn up', but even then my kind of turn-ups are simple yet great.
I've learned to appreciate the power of not complicating situations. It's in my Aries nature to enjoy a bit of chaos, but not at the expense of my sanity. Life to me in nutshell is INFECTIOUS. So infections infact, that I feel compelled to find a joy in everything that I do, because everything else is a waste of energy & time.
As I mentioned before, I am always re-evaluating. Sometimes I realize i'm having more consistent negative thoughts or am super irritable out of nowhere. These are times that i've learned to ask myself the hard questions. Am I really dedicating myself to the things that I love? Am I wasting my energy on distractions? Do I feel like I am where I'm supposed to be? If not, where do I want to be & how do I get there?
I understood that just answering the questions wouldn't do anything, I had to actually implement the work & the dedication into my everyday life. Fortunately, on my everyday search of random insight, I came across Brendon Burchard's short & easy printable workbook, Transforming Truths. Mr. Burchard asks you 8 simple yet very straight to the point questions about you, your life, and the people in it.
If you're looking to re-evaluate your role in life & how you play it, I highly suggest taking a little time to just scan through the questions provided. If anything pulls at your heartstrings, makes you feel defensive, or just makes you wonder, take the time to asses why you felt that way. I'm a firm believer in knowing where you want to be in order to know how to get there.

“It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”

Have a dream. Reach the dream. Live the dream.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Photo Gallery

You Can Sit With Me

Stay updated & subscribe to the mailing list!

* indicates required